A tale of getting to Istanbul
30.09.2009 - 01.10.2009 121 °F
How do you get from the Greek Islands to Turkey, you might ask. The short answer is:
- 6 hour ferry from Mykonos to Lesbos
- Wait 3 hours, meet 2 Brazilians and have some hot chocolate
- 1 1/2 hour ferry from Lesbos to Ayvalik, Turkey, meet Canadian and marvel that you made it to Asia
- 9 hour bus ride from Ayvalik, Turkey to Istanbul that includes a freak out because your bus drives onto a boat in order to cross the Sea of Marmara...seriously it was really weird.
- Cab ride w/ new found friends to Taksim Square
- Meet Irishman in Taksim Square and have him lead you back to his flat
There you have it...so far Istanbul is GREAT! More to come soon
Throwing up deuces, Brazilian style...
Yes, our bus really was getting on a boat
And this made it all worth it! Istanbul!!!